RE: [frozen-assets] My first "big" cooking session!

  • Karen Wheless
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2004
      >Sure, I'll try to post tonight or tomorrow, while the recipes are still
      >handy! They are definitely "expandable".actually, they started out as
      >casseroles for 8x8 or 9x13 pans and I adapted them to make them fit in small
      >disposable loaf pans for 2-3 servings.

      I'd be interested in how you adapted the recipes for smaller
      servings. I've tried this a couple of times, but whenever I cooked
      the item, I couldn't get the cooking time right - I often end up with
      a dish that's burned on the outside and still cold in the center.
      Can you post how you adjusted the cooking times for fewer servings?
      Do you cook them in the loaf pans? Do you defrost them first? Do
      you bring them to room temperature or just cook them cold? I'm
      single and I have a hard time getting the recipes to come out right
      for me. (Usually I just microwave everything, but the food
      sometimes gets rubbery when microwaved.)

      Karen
      Karen Wheless karen.wheless@...
      ---
      Celebrate Romance 2005 -- Baltimore, March 4-6

      http://www.crspring.com