Question

  • Casie
    Message 1 of 54 , Sep 30, 2004
      Hi, I'm new and have a few questions. I'm having a fear factor birthday
      party for my son in a couple of weeks and would love to make some of this
      sooner than later.

      Can any of this below not be frozen ?

      I appreciate it. Beware of the recipes. lol I promise you first, its G rated
      so you wont find anything nasty, just nasty names.

      Plastic ants (and/or other plastic bugs/beetles/spiders, etc) frozen into
      ice cubes for the punch and/or cubed ice for drinks...

      There is a snack made out of Rice Chex, it's on the box and it's called
      muddy buddies aka Puppy Chow

      She also served chocolate covered ants (really chocolate covered raisins

      Food we served: 1. Witches fingers = chicken on skewers 2. Pus Pockets =
      pita breads with mozzarella melted inside. 3. Worm Jellies = individual
      jellies set with worm lollies inside. 4. Bug Crackles = Chocolate crackles
      made with "Bugs in Mud" cereal (it's like chocolate riches). 5. Insect
      lollies (bought). 6. Spider Cake = Very simple round cake decorated with
      white vanilla cream and plastic Halloween spiders, inside the cake I dropped
      red liquorice which looked like worms.

      Take a baby potty chair (new from
      the store) and wash the "potty receptacle" (what do you call that
      part?) out real good. Fill it with yellow jello and drop in a Baby
      Ruth bar or two. Chill until it sets up and then serve/display it
      in the potty chair. Apparently, it looks very real. The other
      thing you can do if you have a pool, is have the kids "dive for
      doody" and throw Baby Ruth bars into the pool. They really are turd-
      like.

      Title: CAT POOP COOKIES
      Categories: Cookies, Kids, Chocolate
      Yield: 1 servings

      MMMMM-------------------CHOCOLATE INGREDIENTS------------------------
      1/2 c Honey
      2/3 c Butter, margarine, or lard
      1 Egg
      1 ts Vanilla extract
      -OR- peppermint extract
      2 c Whole wheat flour
      1/3 c Cocoa powder
      Grape-nuts(tm) cereal

      MMMMM------------------GINGERBREAD INGREDIENTS-----------------------
      1/4 c Honey
      1/4 c Molasses
      2/3 c Butter or margarine, or lard
      1 Egg
      2 1/3 c Whole wheat flour
      Ginger, cinnamon, cloves
      - to taste
      -(maybe 1/2 tsp each)
      Grape-nuts(tm) cereal

      MMMMM--------------------------MIX-INS-------------------------------
      Coconut; (tapeworms)
      Chocolate chips
      Butterscotch chips
      Peanut butter chips
      Spagetti or ramen noodles
      - cooked - (roundworms)
      Corn
      Peanuts
      "puffy pastel things"; *
      -find at Chinese restaurants

      *NOTE: "puffy pastel things are to look like the cat ate styrofoam
      packing pellets-i haven't tried this

      to make: microwave the honey till it bubbles(about 1 minute). add the
      butter,(i've been told using lard makes for a more realistic texture
      and softer cookie) and the molasses, if any. add the egg, mix well,
      then mix in all the other stuff. add mix-ins of your choice to some
      or all of the batter.

      chill 1 hour in the freezer or several hours in the fridge. roll
      dough logs of random length and the diameter of cat poops. roll logs
      in grape- nuts and bake at 350 degrees till done(maybe 10 to 15
      minutes but with my flaky oven you never know).

      serve in a disposable cat litter box on a bed of grapenuts, with a cat
      litter scoop. i hear you get lovely effects by decorating the box and
      scoop with melted chocolate or pudding. i imagine brown sugar might
      work as a substitute for the new clumping litters, but i havent tried
      it. this recipe worked especially well at the halloween party where
      the table was already decorated with plastic flies.

      Title: Butterfly Bites
      Categories: Vegetables
      Yield: 6 Butterflys

      2 Stalks of celery
      12 lg Three-ring pretzels
      6 tb Peanut butter or cream
      -cheese
      About 18 raisins or currents
      12 Slivered almonds or enoki
      -mushrooms

      Wash the celery. Using plastic knives, cut the celery into thirds.
      Fill each celery stalk with one tablespoon of either peanut butter or
      cream cheese. For the wings, gently push 1 pretzel into the filling,
      running parallel to the length of the celery stick. Do the same on
      the clery's other lengthwise side. Arrange the raisins or currents as
      the eyes, nose and mouth. For antennae, push the slivered almonds or
      mushroom cap into filling. If using mushrooms, arrange the
      spaghetti-like mushroom tips upward, like an antenna.

      Nutritional info per butterfly: 238 cal; 9g pro, 33g carb, 10g fat
      (35%) Source: Kid's Cookshop, Miami Herald 4/4/96 formatted by Lisa
      Crawford, 4/8/96

      Title: BUGS ON A LOG
      Categories: Kids, Snacks
      Yield: 1 Recipe

      Celery stalks
      Peanut butter
      Chocolate chips

      Take a stalk of celery and fill center with peanut
      butter. Place pieces of chocolate chips on top of
      "log."

      Variations: cream cheese or Cheez Whiz, raisins

      Boogers on a Stick

      8 ounce Jar cheez whiz
      3 or 4 drops Green food coloring
      3 dozen pretzel sticks

      Melt cheeze whiz in the microwave according to jar directions. Allow the
      cheese to cool slightly in the jar. Carefully stir in food coloring using
      just enough to turn the cheese a pale snot green. To form boogers: Dip and
      twist the tip of each prtezel stick into the cheese, lift out, wait twenty
      seconds, then dip again. When cheese lumps reach a boogerish size, set
      pretzels boogerd on wax paper to cool.

      Simple Pimples

      1-2 dozen cherry tomatoes
      Flavored soft cream cheese Spread

      Core tomatoes with a carrot peeler or knife. Drain excess tomato juice.
      Using a butter knife, fill holes in tomatoes with cream cheese. Give each
      pimple a gentle squeeze and arrange on a platter.

      For the food mix mustard, ketchup, mayo, and cheese together. Have a contest
      who can drink a slurpee the fastest (it gives you a bad brain freeze), have
      anchovies

      I had balloons tacked to the fence outside and inside each balloon was a
      piee of paper with the item that they needed to eat. I had all edible but
      gross food, like rotten eggs (just dyed hard boiled eggs) fish guts (took
      saurkraut and put tuna fish along with some of the juice and a little red
      food coloring), old curdled milk (small glassed of milk with cottage cheese
      in it), dog food (had a clean dog food can, and filled it with refried
      beans) (that one really mades the kids gag) also had two pieces of paper
      that said candy bars. I think that was most of the food, the next stunt they
      had to pick out plastic bugs from large bowls of spagetti covered in salad
      dressing with only their mouths, then the final 2 had to wear a backpack and
      throw water balloons in the air and catch them in the backpack.

      gummi worms and gummi bugs, and you can make chocolate milk and say it's
      something really nasty

      Title: ANTS IN THE SAND
      Categories: Kids, Snacks
      Yield: 1 Servings

      2 Graham crackers
      Chocolate sprinkles

      Place graham crackers in a plastic sandwich bag and
      crush with a rolling pin. Add a few chocolate
      sprinkles to make ants, then seal the bag. Give them
      to the kids to take outside and eat or let them pour
      it into a small bowl and eat at the table--using their
      fingers, of course. Variations: Add raisins (call them
      beetles), red hots (ladybugs) or mini chocolate chips
      (spider eggs). Source: Healthy Treats and Super
      Snacks for Kids

      Title: MONKEY TAILS
      Categories: Kids, Desserts, Chocolate
      Yield: 6 servings

      3 Bananas (large)
      2 tb Orange juice
      6 oz Chocolate chips
      1 tb Crisco
      6 Popsicle sticks

      recipe.

      The recipes in this Pick-A-pocket book were writted for commercial
      packaged baking mix which has no milk so it is the liquid called for
      in recipes. This mix is a perfect substitte. Just use water where it
      calls for milk. (written out of my cookbook)

      Title: LIZARD SKINS
      Categories: Kids, Snacks
      Yield: 16 Servings

      1/2 c Peanut butter
      12 oz Marshmallows
      4 dr Green food coloring
      4 c Rice krispies; cheerios or
      -corn flakes
      Pam
      16 Raisins

      Heat peanut butter with marshmallows in a large

      saucepan over low heat until melted. Add green food
      coloring and mix in. Pour in cereal and stir quickly.
      Spray 8" pan with pam then pour contents into pan.
      Allow to cool in fridge, then cut into long thin
      strips, about 1" x 4". Cut each raisin in half and
      stick on one end of each strip to make the lizard's
      eyes. Source: Healthy Treats and Super Snacks for Kids

      Title: FAKE SNOT
      Categories: Kids, Misc
      Yield: 1 Servings

      1/2 c Water
      3 pk Unflavored gelatin
      Light corn syrup; * see note

      Recipe by: Beakman's World WHAT YOU NEED: Light corn
      syrup - unflavored gelatin - water - grown-up helper -
      microwave oven.

      WHAT TO DO: Heat 1/2 cup water just until it boils.
      Remove from heat.
      Sprinkle in 3 envelopes of gelatin. Let it soften a
      few minutes, and stir with a fork. Add enough *corn
      syrup to make 1 cup of thick glop. Stir wit the fork
      and lift out the long strands of gunk. If it thickens
      too much, a more water.

      Title: DIRT CUPS
      Categories: Desserts, Kids, Seafood, Chocolate
      Yield: 10 servings

      2 c Cold milk
      1 pk JELL-O chocolate pudding
      1 pk COOL-WHIP topping,thawed
      1 pk Chocolate sandwich cookies
      10 7 ounce plastic cups

      Gummy worms
      Gummy frogs
      Candy flowers
      Chopped peanuts

      Crush cookies until they resemble dirt and set aside.

      Combine pudding mix and milk until well blended. Then fold in the whipped
      opping.

      Fill plastic cups with pudding mixture alternating with the cookie crumbs.
      Top with cookie crumbs.

      Refrigerate for a couple of hours, then decorate with gummy worms and other
      toppings.

      Thanks,
      Casie
    • angelfyr072
      Message 54 of 54 , Sep 29, 2008
        I do it all summer long!! I freeze mine in recipe sized bags-- it
        seperates when you freeze and then thaw-- leaving alot of liquid. The
        3 cups of unfrozen zuchinni will not measure the same as 3 cups frozen
        and thawed because of that-- so if you freeze in portion sized bags
        then there is no concern for the difference in measuring as long as you
        throw it all in -- juice and all. I make some bags up that are 1, 2
        and 3 cups-- that way I can try a multitude of recipes throughout the
        year. I also do some 6 cup and 4 cup baqs for when I make double
        batches -- which is often. Most of my recipes call for it in 1 cup
        increments. Just grate, measure and package-- be sure to squeeze all
        the air out of the bags and squish them flat -- freezing them flat on
        cookie sheets so you don't have odd shaped puzzle peices and they stack
        nicely once they are frozen solid and take up less space in the
        freezer.
        Hope that helps--
        Laura in CO