Re: [frozen-assets] ISO: Breakfast Sausage Recipe/Other Sausage Recipes

  • Rachael's Kitchen Goodies
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2003
      Lori, I imagine pork loin would work well with this too. We made this up last week and we had them for breakfast Sunday. Very tasty.

      For the homemade breakfast sausage: 5 pounds of western style pork ribs (basically an almost boneless piece of pork). I trimmed off most of the fat and the little bit of bone. I cut it into 2 inch chunks, put the chunks into the food processor with some dried minced onions, dried parsley flakes (couple Tablespoons each) and some Adobo seasoning (maybe 1 Tablespoon? -- basically granulated galic, salt, oregano & turmeric) and ground that up. When it was all mixed, I rolled it into balls about golfball size and then flattened them out into patties. I layered them between pieces of wax paper and put them into a ziplocking, dated, labeld food storage bag and popped them into the freezer.

      For the Italian sausage: Prepared the meat the same, but for the seasonings I used garlic powder, parmesan cheese & fennel seed and a little salt. Since this was bulk, I froze this in 1/2 pound quantities.

      I cooked up a little of each type of sausage and tasted it before I packaged them up to freeze, just to make sure I got the taste right.

      Rachael
      Had i known my heart would break
      I'd a-loved you anyway
      ~~ Trisha Yearwood ~~