Re: [frozen-assets] plums

  • Wes
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 28, 2001
      > have lots of plums

      Try making some plum jam. It's one of my favorites. I use the recipe that
      comes with a box of Certo fruit pectin crystals. Beverly
    • Jennifer Tackitt
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 4, 2008
        I have several (a dozen or so) very ripe (over ripe) plums. Any suggestions
        as what I might be able to do with them?

        TIA

        Jennifer

      • Jennifer Castellanos
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 4, 2008
          Plum raspberry or plum/bluberry jam in jars,  so good
           PLUM RAZZY JAM

               3 pounds plums seeded   I peeled  em but you don't have to
               1/2 pound  raspberries
          pulsed in the blender just barely.  cooked to boil. added sure jell (pink pkg)
          cooked on high, stirring  constantly till rolling boil can't be stirred down.  Add  4 1/2 cups sugar. Stir constantly, when it returns to boil time it for 1 min.  remove it from heat  and put it in hot sterile jars..

          Jen C.

        • Kelly Kulers
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 4, 2008
            This sounds really good. Do your have to use fresh raspberries or can they be frozen???
            Kelly

            EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOODJoin me

            To: frozen-assets@yahoogroups.comFrom: jenfer1010@...: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 13:19:08 -0700Subject: [frozen-assets] Re:plums

            Plum raspberry or plum/bluberry jam in jars, so good PLUM RAZZY JAM 3 pounds plums seeded I peeled em but you don't have to 1/2 pound raspberriespulsed in the blender just barely. cooked to boil. added sure jell (pink pkg)cooked on high, stirring constantly till rolling boil can't be stirred down. Add 4 1/2 cups sugar. Stir constantly, when it returns to boil time it for 1 min. remove it from heat and put it in hot sterile jars..Jen C. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

          • Jennifer Castellanos
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 5, 2008
              Defrost the frozen & they should be fien-I also have used blueberries  or strawberries too.  I have also added a little more fruit & used it as a fruit syrup for breakfast items . Enjoy

              Blessings,

              Jen C.

            • tkfuzzkid@wmconnect.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 5, 2008
                Make plum jelly. Very good.
                -- Jacqueline </HTML>

              • Jennifer Tackitt
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 23, 2008
                  My store didn't have the pink package of sure jell (I believe this is the
                  low sugar one), just the regular. Any ideas as to how it would need to be
                  adjusted? I'm guessing more sugar-? In the recipes that came in the box,
                  regular plum jam needed 8c, and blueberry needed 4 so I'm thinking 6 maybe?