Re: couscous

  • john_norman@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1 4:36 AM
      --- In frozen-assets@y..., "Donna" <khalua.m@3...> wrote:
      > i need to know how to make couscous from chick peas
      > help!
      > khalua

      Donna,

      I think the confusion is that the word "cous cous" is often applied
      both to the grain and to whole dish including the accompanying meat or
      vegetable stew. The stew does indeed usually contain chick peas -
      someone's posted a recipe at message 13999, but there are many
      variations on the theme, including fish cous cous.

      We normally make a stew from lamb and chicken in equal parts,
      chick peas, carrot, onion (no or very little garlic), with broad beans
      and sliced zucchini added towards the end of the cooking time. Spiced
      with cumin and coriander, and with a few raisins and/or dried apricots
      for variation. Steam the cous cous grain and serve with the stew.
      Serve a little harissa ( a fiery chilli-based paste) separately.

      John
    • Cam & Sue Costello
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 25, 2001
        Does anyone have any t&t recipes using couscous. Does it freeze well? Thank-you