Re: [frozen-assets] freezing mushrooms

  • HilaryEberhardt
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 31 6:03 AM
      I checked in my book and this is what I found:

      Freezing mushrooms can be done by
      sauteing them first in butter or oil. After they have slightly
      cooled --
      place in airtight container and freeze for up to one month.
      Freezing
      mushrooms should be done only as a last resort when you find
      yourself
      with a surplus. Fresh mushrooms should be used as soon as
      possible.

      Hugz

      Hilary
    • respshell
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 31 4:11 PM
        Does anybody know the best way to freeze mushrooms. My hubby just
        came home with a huge sheephead and we will never be able to eat it
        before it goes bad. i tried just throwing them in a baggie and using
        later but they were horrible (mushy)

        thanks
        shelly