Removing FrontPage Server Extensions from a Website

  • Devorah
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
      I will be attempting to deactivate the fpse of my old/current stie (http://www.headcoverings-by-devorah.com) shortly and I was wondering if any one in the group knows whether the following style that is a part of my current site would cause a problem once the fpse are removed:

      This style is a part of every page of my current website.

      My old/current host states that the following re deactivating fpse:

      "We recommend that you deactivate your site or subwebs only if you're certain you no longer want to publish your site or subweb using FrontPage. Although your site pages and content will be preserved after deactivation, certain functionality in those pages related to FrontPage may fail, so we strongly suggest that you consider any potential disruption to your site when you prepare to deactivate FrontPage."

      The "certain functionality in those pages related to FrontPage may fail" would this include the style above? Other than this, I don't believe I have anything else that this warning would apply to.

      All the best,
      D'vorah
      Headcoverings by Devorah
      http://www.headcoverings-by-devorah.com

    • James S. Huggins (dot com)
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
        ===========================
        I will be attempting to deactivate the fpse of my old/current stie
        (http://www.headcoverings-by-devorah.com) shortly
        ===========================

        Why?

        James S. Huggins
        writing you from "Dallas"

      • Devorah
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
          ===========================
          I will be attempting to deactivate the fpse of my old/current stie
          (http://www.headcoverings-by-devorah.com) shortly
          ===========================

          Why?

          James S. Huggins

          =============

          I just deactivated the fpse and reason is because I don't want to have them on my site any longer, I want to use ftp to publish with from here on out (as I am also using to publish pages I am building to the new site). At my old/current site Yahoo says I can't use ftp to publish with while having fpse.

          All the best,
          D'vorah
          Headcoverings by Devorah

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
            ==================================
            I just deactivated the fpse and reason is because I don't want to have them
            on my site any longer, I want to use ftp to publish with from here on out
            (as I am also using to publish pages I am building to the new site). At my
            old/current site Yahoo says I can't use ftp to publish with while having
            fpse.
            ==================================

            BRAVO!

            James S. Huggins
            writing you from "Dallas"

          • Patricia Geary
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
              At 04:24 PM 8/1/2008, you wrote:

              >I just deactivated the fpse and reason is because I don't want to
              >have them on my site any longer, I want to use ftp to publish with
              >from here on out (as I am also using to publish pages I am building
              >to the new site). At my old/current site Yahoo says I can't use ftp
              >to publish with while having fpse.

              And things appear to be working just fine. Congratulations.

              pat