Re: [frontierkernel] Frontier and OS X Lion

  • Marty Crouch
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 26, 2012
      Chris,

      I'm running Frontier v10.1a15 on Mac Mini using MacOS X Server 10.6.8. No crashing problems.

      Just another data point for you.

      Regards,
      Marty

      Marty Crouch :: webvalence.com :: 503-335-3442
      PO Box 80935 :: Portland, OR 97280 :: US

      On Nov 26, 2012, at 5:59 AM, bayswaterfarm wrote:

      I have been running some websites on Frontier for around 10 years. Currently they are deployed on a 2007 vintage Mac Mini running Tiger. After 5 years on this box I reckon an upgrade is in order, which ail most likely necessitate running Mountain Lion or at least Lion. I am working with another Mac Mini with Lion to see if I can configure it to run everything I need: Frontier, Apache, imapd, Exim, PHP, Perl, Ruby etc and am running into problems with Frontier.

      The Universal build Frontier_v10.1a15_MacOSX_Universal_Binary.dmg crashes reliably on startup. Does anyone know of a more recent/stable version?

      I have been using OPML Editor successfully as a WebEdit client for my Frontier installation and am looking at its suitability as a replacement for the Frontier web server. It seems more stable (though crashes frequently on shutdown, losing changes).

      The link to http://hellofrontier.com/ that Dave Wine posted is not working today.

      Can anyone give me any pointers to the changes I need to make to OPML editor to run it as a simple web server?

      Thanks in advance.

      Chris Bunch

    • Pete Beaumont
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2012
        Chris

        I've got version 10.1a16 of the OPML app and it launches ok on Lion.

        I downloaded it from:
        http://static.opml.org/opmlEditor/macintosh/opml.dmg

        http://home.opml.org/

        regards

        Peteā€¦

        On 01/12/2012, at 6:55 PM, bayswaterfarm wrote:

        > I have been running some websites on Frontier for around 10 years. Currently they are deployed on a 2007 vintage Mac Mini running Tiger. After 5 years on this box I reckon an upgrade is in order, which ail most likely necessitate running Mountain Lion or at least Lion. I am working with another Mac Mini with Lion to see if I can configure it to run everything I need: Frontier, Apache, imapd, Exim, PHP, Perl, Ruby etc and am running into problems with Frontier.
        >
        > The Universal build Frontier_v10.1a15_MacOSX_Universal_Binary.dmg crashes reliably on startup. Does anyone know of a more recent/stable version?
        >
        > I have been using OPML Editor successfully as a WebEdit client for my Frontier installation and am looking at its suitability as a replacement for the Frontier web server. It seems more stable (though crashes frequently on shutdown, losing changes).
        >
        > The link to http://hellofrontier.com/ that Dave Wine posted is not working today.
        >
        > Can anyone give me any pointers to the changes I need to make to OPML editor to run it as a simple web server?
        >
        > Thanks in advance.
        >
        > Chris Bunch

      • bayswaterfarm