builtins.json?

  • dwiner
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2010
      Just posted this on FrontierNews.

      http://frontiernews.org/2010/10/08/we-need-json-code/

      We need a builtins.json to go alongside builtins.xml.

      This is one of those times I haven't written any code, yet.

      Hoping someone else might step up to do this job. :-)

      Dave
    • Brent Simmons
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 2010
        I'd actually (quietly, to-myself) started working on this a couple weeks ago, because I also need it for my software. My plan was to do it in C so I could put an adaptation of the source into the kernel as well as into my day-job software.

        But I'm still super-busy at work (new product plus new releases, no sleep), and I doubt I'd get to finishing this until November, probably second-half. So if someone else wants to do it, then cool by me.

        -Brent

        On Oct 8, 2010, at 12:14 PM, dwiner wrote:

        > Just posted this on FrontierNews.
        >
        > http://frontiernews.org/2010/10/08/we-need-json-code/
        >
        > We need a builtins.json to go alongside builtins.xml.
        >
        > This is one of those times I haven't written any code, yet.
        >
        > Hoping someone else might step up to do this job. :-)
        >
        > Dave

      • dwiner
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 9, 2010
          Well I couldn't wait. There was something too juicy to hold back on.

          I wrote a routine at builtins.xml.tableToJson.

          http://listings.opml.org/verbs/builtins/xml/tableToJson.html

          It takes a table produced by xml.compile, and outputs it as JSON.

          It's not a trivial problem! :-)

          Here's the application for it.

          http://scripting.com/stories/2010/10/09/nextStepsInTheFeedhoseProj.html

          If you want to produce a web service to hook into an AJAX app, you have to produce JSON. Not my idea of good design, but wtf, you have to work with what you got. :-)

          Dave