Re: [frontierkernel] Future of Frontier

  • Steve Hooker
    Message 1 of 43 , Dec 13, 2009
      I don't see Dave Winer riding to the rescue of userland.com.
      http://twitter.com/davewiner/status/6570462976

      This messy, hurtful end to userland.com has to be an accident due to a
      lack of care from Userland. I guess Lawrence Lee has left and slammed to
      door on the way out. We are on our own.

      I don't have the skills to help with the kernel. Nor the heart to re
      write Manila in Wordpress.

      I'm still using Frontier and Manila as the core of my business and will
      continue to do so. It does what my customers want and we're ahead of the
      curve thus far.

      I'm unsure whether I'm stuck or sticking with Frontier. Whatever, I'm
      carrying on. I can manage.

      I'm now feeling sorry for Manila customers and Radio too. Perhaps we
      should direct them here for support. I'll be willing to chip in with the
      numnuts questions. I'd certainly like to have a bigger community around
      Frontier, be it UserTalk, Manila, Radio, OPML or kernel. I don't think
      there's going to be too much, if all these things are gathered in one place.

      It's a painful pity all the lovely legacy stuff in userland.com has
      gone. I hope that it will be resurrected, perhaps it will be bought, for
      pennies.

      Steve Hooker
      http://www.educatr.com
    • Steve Hooker