Frontier saving databases to disk

  • dennenbill
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2009
      Hi there,

      We have a fairly large Frontier database running on OSX. We back up the disk via Apple's Time Machine, which gives us hourly snapshots of the disk.

      Recently, I've noticed that the Time Machine backups for the Frontier databases are out of date. They're old.

      After looking into it a bit more, I think Time Machine is not the cause.

      It looks like the original files are not being saved to disk until Frontier quits. If pick "Save Database..." in Frontier, then Frontier says 'Saving database", yet the timestamp and filesize of the file does not change. These change only when quitting Frontier.

      Is there a setting somewhere that affects this behavior? I am fairly confident that Frontier used to save 'properly.' That is, the DB saved periodically ask changes were made, and as a result, the timestamp of the .root file was updated, etc.

      Thanks-
      Bill