Removing classic Mac code

  • Mike Alexander
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2009
      I'm working on fixing bug 1836461 [1] which mostly involves changes to
      filedialog.c. Most of the code in this file is system dependent and
      about half of it is for MacOS 9 and previous. There's been a fair
      amount of bit rot in this code and it probably wouldn't compile anymore
      and almost certainly wouldn't work. Is it ok if I remove it? I know
      there was a discussion a few years ago which decided that classic Mac
      wasn't supported anymore, but it didn't seem to come to a resolution
      about whether classic Mac code should be removed.

      --
      Mike Alexander mta@...
      Ann Arbor, MI PGP key ID: BEA343A6

      [1]
      <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1836461&group_id=120666&atid=687798>
    • David Brown
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 8, 2009
        I would suggest branching the code and going for it.