OK, here's a weird one with VC2K8

  • David Gewirtz
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2009
      I recompiled Frontier using VC2K8. Almost everything works fine. But then I got a strange error message using an RPC upload. Traced it to

      system.extensions.tagExtractionKit.utilities.getPattern

      Which uses a Macintosh less-than-or-equals special character in an if statement:

      if sizeOf(inList) ² 1

      If you replace the char with <=, the code works fine.

      Didn't have this problem in VC2K5, that code has been running fine for probably a year now.

      Not even sure where to begin fixing it in the kernel, but I'm making the change to the script for now.

      Ugh.
    • creecode
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2009
        Could it be a charset problem with the project? Is this a new project file or one that was upgraded from a previous version?

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2009
          I don't know. I started a new folder, sucked everything down from the trunk with TortoiseSVN, found a VC2K8 project, and compiled. I'm guessing that maybe Seth moved the project from VC2K5 to VC2K8, but I don't know for sure.

          -- David

          --- In frontierkernel@yahoogroups.com, "creecode" <creecode@...> wrote:

          > Could it be a charset problem with the project? Is this a new project file or one that was upgraded from a previous version?
          >
          > --- In frontierkernel@yahoogroups.com, "David Gewirtz" <david@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I recompiled Frontier using VC2K8. Almost everything works fine. But then I got a strange error message using an RPC upload. Traced it to
          > >
          > > system.extensions.tagExtractionKit.utilities.getPattern
          > >
          > > Which uses a Macintosh less-than-or-equals special character in an if statement:
          > >
          > > if sizeOf(inList) � 1
          > >
          > > If you replace the char with <=, the code works fine.
          > >
          > > Didn't have this problem in VC2K5, that code has been running fine for probably a year now.
          > >
          > > Not even sure where to begin fixing it in the kernel, but I'm making the change to the script for now.

        • Seth Dillingham
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 2, 2009
            On 6/1/2009, David Gewirtz said:

            >I'm guessing that maybe Seth moved the project from VC2K5 to VC2K8, but I don't know for sure.

            Yes, that's what I did, and I didn't have any RPC problems with it.

            Seth