mainresponder story

  • russellgum
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 17, 2008
      The sample mainresponder site has a story category. I have thrashed around Frontier and the
      web to try and find how to add a story with a script. I am sure I am missing something
      simple, but I couldn't even find how to add a story manually. What have I missed this time?

      TIA

      Russ
    • creecode
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 17, 2008
        Hello Russ,

        --- In frontierkernel@yahoogroups.com, "russellgum" <russgum@...> wrote:

        > The sample mainresponder site has a story category. I have thrashed
        around Frontier and the
        > web to try and find how to add a story with a script. I am sure I am
        missing something
        > simple, but I couldn't even find how to add a story manually. What
        have I missed this time?

        The Stories functionality of the sample MR website is incomplete and
        inefficient. The first part of making a story is adding an
        alsoListedIn item to a discussion group message table whose type is
        list. Then add a string to the list with the value stories.

        alsoListedIn { "stories" }

        At this point the Stories webpage should list the message as a story.
        There is no interface or code to do this via the website. So you'd
        have to whip something up.

        Toodle-loooooooooo.........
        creecode