crash after export

  • russellgum
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2008
      When I try to export a table I get a crash after the table is exported from Database menu..

      Not a major problem just thought I would report it.

      Cheers

      Russ

      Process: Frontier [23673]
      Identifier: com.scripting.Frontier
      Version: 10.1a11 (10.1a11)
      Code Type: PPC (Native)
      Parent Process: launchd [162]

      Date/Time: 2008-01-07 20:40:57.939 -0800
      OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.1 (9B18)
      Report Version: 6

      Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
      Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000c153dcb7
      Crashed Thread: 0

      Thread 0 Crashed:
      0 libobjc.A.dylib 0xfffeff18 objc_msgSend_rtp + 24
      1 com.apple.Foundation 0x93cd9d3c __NSFireDelayedPerform + 104
      2 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x91627af0 CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 2992
      3 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x93737ab4 RunCurrentEventLoopInMode + 264
      4 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x937ec468 GetNextEventMatchingMask + 112
      5 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x937ec2b8 WNEInternal + 172
      6 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x937ec1f4 WaitNextEvent + 72
      7 com.scripting.Frontier 0x000ca99c shellgetevent + 220 (shell.c:693)
      8 com.scripting.Frontier 0x000caba0 shelleventloop + 56 (shell.c:829)
      9 com.scripting.Frontier 0x000cacb0 shellmaineventloop + 24 (shell.c:975)
      10 com.scripting.Frontier 0x00038a94 main + 60 (main.c:50)
      11 com.scripting.Frontier 0x00006dd0 _start + 336 (crt.c:272)
      12 com.scripting.Frontier 0x00006c78 start + 56
    • creecode
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2008
        Hello Russ,

        --- In frontierkernel@yahoogroups.com, "russellgum" <russgum@...> wrote:

        > When I try to export a table I get a crash after the table is
        exported from Database menu..

        > Not a major problem just thought I would report it.
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > Russ

        It actually appears to be more serious than you might think. The
        problem seems to affect all open and save dialogs in Frontier and
        variants on Mac OS X Leopard. It appears to be related to the
        following from the Leopard release notes...

        Navigation Services

        Header File: Navigation.h
        Features and Enhancements

        In Leopard, Navigation Services has been reimplemented atop Cocoa's
        NSSavePanel. A NavDialogRef may be cast to an NSSavePanel* for put
        dialogs, an NSOpenPanel* for get and choose dialogs and an NSAlert*
        for the various ask save changes dialogs. Once cast to the appropriate
        Cocoa object you can call Cocoa APIs on that object normally. For
        instance, the custom area of the Nav dialog may be populated with
        Cocoa NSViews [(NSSavePanel*)myNavDialogRef setAccesoryView:myNSView].
        Exception: Once a dialog is created via the NavgationServices API it
        must be invoked with NavDialogRun. Custom preview support is no longer
        available on Leopard. NavPreview procedures are no longer called, the
        kNavCBAdjustPreview Nav event callback messages are no longer sent and
        the NavCBRec previewRect field will always be empty. Navigation
        Services now depends on QuickLook for preview rendering. Clients may
        write a QuickLook plug-in to generate custom previews for open dialogs
        as well as Finder and Spotlight.
        API Deprecation

        The legacy NavFooFile APIs have been deprecated for Leopard. Use the
        NavCreateFooDialog APIs instead.

        The following APIs are deprecated for Leopard:

        NavLoad
        NavUnload
        NavLibraryVersion
        NavGetDefaultDialogOptions
        NavGetFile
        NavPutFile
        NavAskSaveChanges
        NavCustomAskSaveChanges
        NavAskDiscardChanges
        NavChooseFile
        NavChooseFolder
        NavChooseVolume
        NavChooseObject
        NavNewFolder
        NavTranslateFile
        NavServicesCanRun
        NavServicesAvailable

        At this time I don't have much of a handle on what is happening and
        how to fix it. Although I am pursuing a fix. Any help appreciated.

        Toodle-looooooooooooooooo........
        creecode