Re: [frontierkernel] Re: Native MySQL in Frontier

  • Henri Asseily
    Message 1 of 45 , May 31, 2007
      One remaining question regarding the Mac build is:
      do we build a local mysql client library as done with the Windows
      build, or does one assume a preexisting library?
      In general on the Mac the user will already have a mysql client
      library installed somewhere.

      The positive of a local build is that the binary builder controls the
      environment (versioning, etc...).
      The negative is that the binary builder controls the environment, not
      the user of Frontier.
      Another negative is that mysql client libs depend on other libs
      (ssl, ...) that are standard on the Mac. Do you then also make a
      local build of those or risk versioning problems between them and the
      mysql libs?

      I'm for NOT doing a local build, since it's the Unix way. And it
      shouldn't be that bad for a user, as long as:
      - downloading and installing the mysql client libs is easy (it is)
      - Frontier gracefully handles a missing or wrong version of the mysql
      client lib (David?)

    • creecode
      Message 45 of 45 , Jul 11, 2007
        I've added a feature request <
        http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1752189&group_id=120666&atid=687801
        >, with some additional information that may be of interest.

        Toodle-looooooooooo........
        creecode