Macros in static web page

  • russellgum
    Message 1 of 4 , May 22, 2007
      With Radio I have my forms call a static web page served by Radio that just contains a macro.

      For example

      <%ifarmsuite.webforms.activehay("AKA")%> Is a text file in the www folder. When my form
      for finding active hay orders is submitted the script runs and returns the results.

      When I try the same thing with Frontier all I get is the text file back. The script that handles
      my form does not run. I did add the script to the legal macro in config.root and set allow
      scripts to run in the security settings. What else do I need to do to have my forms handled by
      Frontier.

      Thanks

      Russ
    • creecode
      Message 2 of 4 , May 22, 2007
        Have you tried putting the script in { } chars instead of <% %>.

        Alternately it is possible to change the macros chars for a website <
        http://frontier.userland.com/stories/storyReader$9297 >.

        --- In frontierkernel@yahoogroups.com, "russellgum" <russgum@...> wrote:

        > With Radio I have my forms call a static web page served by Radio
        that just contains a macro.

        > For example
        >
        > <%ifarmsuite.webforms.activehay("AKA")%> Is a text file in the www
        folder. When my form
        > for finding active hay orders is submitted the script runs and
        returns the results.

        > When I try the same thing with Frontier all I get is the text file
        back. The script that handles
        > my form does not run. I did add the script to the legal macro in
        config.root and set allow
        > scripts to run in the security settings. What else do I need to do
        to have my forms handled by
        > Frontier.
      • russellgum
        Message 3 of 4 , May 23, 2007
          --- In frontierkernel@yahoogroups.com, "creecode" <creecode@...> wrote:

          > Have you tried putting the script in { } chars instead of <% %>.

          I did try that it did not work.

          > Alternately it is possible to change the macros chars for a website <
          > http://frontier.userland.com/stories/storyReader$9297 >.

          Is the problem due to the fact that I am serving static pages without a website defined in
          Frontier. The above link refers to changing the preferences for a website. I did not define
          one for my static pages. Is that the problem?

          Thanks

          Russ

          > --- In frontierkernel@yahoogroups.com, "russellgum" <russgum@> wrote:
          > >
          > > With Radio I have my forms call a static web page served by Radio
          > that just contains a macro.
          > >
          > > For example
          > >
          > > <%ifarmsuite.webforms.activehay("AKA")%> Is a text file in the www
          > folder. When my form
          > > for finding active hay orders is submitted the script runs and
          > returns the results.
          > >
          > > When I try the same thing with Frontier all I get is the text file
          > back. The script that handles
          > > my form does not run. I did add the script to the legal macro in
          > config.root and set allow
          > > scripts to run in the security settings. What else do I need to do
          > to have my forms handled by
          > > Frontier.

        • creecode
          Message 4 of 4 , May 23, 2007
            Hey Russ,

            I suspect that Radio was written to process macros from files on disk
            in certain circumstances, whereas mainResponder was not.

            As an example, I just put a filespec into my workingSample
            mainResponder website pointing to a text file on disk containing the
            macro { clock.now ( ) }. It wasn't processed.

            We know that macros are processed in other cases like with scripts
            that return a string, those are processed. So you might be able to
            work around the current issue, pulling the file from disk in using a
            script.

            Toodle-loooooooooo.........
            creecode