sendmail

  • russellgum
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2007
      I have tried to send mail from Frontier via my dot mac and gmail pop accounts without
      success. Is it possible to do this?

      Thanks Russ
    • David Gewirtz
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2007
        --- In frontierkernel@yahoogroups.com, "russellgum" <russgum@...> wrote:

        > I have tried to send mail from Frontier via my dot mac and gmail pop
        accounts without
        > success. Is it possible to do this?
        >
        > Thanks Russ

        I send mail from Frontier all the time. About a million messages
        (opt-in, of course) a week.

        It's late and I'm tired, but if you need me to find you more details,
        let me know. But yes, it's very doable.

        -- David
      • russellgum
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 4, 2007
          You are right it is possible. What needs to be done is to replace the password in
          users.prefs.mailpassword with your real password instead of the strange (hashed?) password
          that Frontier puts there when you first fill out the Admin data. I had assumed that Frontier
          would use the hashed (if that is the right term) password it put in users.prefs.mailpassword
          to send off the correct password. Not true. Still diggin.

          Thanks David

          Russ

          > I send mail from Frontier all the time. About a million messages
          > (opt-in, of course) a week.
          >
          > It's late and I'm tired, but if you need me to find you more details,
          > let me know. But yes, it's very doable.
          >
          > -- David

        • creecode
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 4, 2007
            Hello Russ,

            This could be a bug. My quick scan of the code suggests that the
            password should be coerced from binary to string before it is sent out
            to the MTA ( mail server ) by tcp.sendMail.

            Is the last changes date at the top of tcp.sendMail "3/12/06; 12:12:32
            PM"?

            Toodle-loooooooo..........
            creecode