Re: [frontierkernel] Returning a value type from a verb? (setlangtypevalue??)

  • Andre Radke
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2006
      David Gewirtz wrote:
      >I'm trying to return Frontier values from the SQLite return values,
      >and I expected there to be a setlangtypevalue,

      setostypevalue(langgettypeid (longvaluetype), vreturned)

      ...and so on. See langops.c for langgettypeid and related functions.

      HTH,

      -Andre

      --
      Andre Radke + http://spicynoodles.net/
    • David Gewirtz
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2006
        --- In frontierkernel@yahoogroups.com, Andre Radke <lists@...> wrote:
        > setostypevalue(langgettypeid (longvaluetype), vreturned)

        Thanks. That'll work. But I am a bit confused. I saw setostypevalue
        and figured it'd set some kind of OS type value. What's the defined
        purpose of this routine?

        -- David
      • AndrĂ© Radke
        Message 3 of 7 , May 1, 2006
          --- In frontierkernel@yahoogroups.com, David Gewirtz wrote:
          > > setostypevalue(langgettypeid (longvaluetype), vreturned)
          >
          > Thanks. That'll work. But I am a bit confused. I saw setostypevalue
          > and figured it'd set some kind of OS type value. What's the defined
          > purpose of this routine?

          You would be using setostypevalue for its intended purpose in this
          case. The type IDs of UserTalk values are defined as OSType (at the C
          level) or equivalently string4 (at the UserTalk level).

          OSTypes are a Mac-ism. For example, on Classic MacOS, all files had a
          type ID and a creator ID which where defined in the Macintosh Toolbox
          API as an OSType. They are also used as keys in Apple Event records.
          There's a long list of them in macconv.h, the header file for
          defining a minimal set of Mac-isms on Windows.

          HTH,

          -Andre