4207Re: [frontierkernel] Re: a fix for the multi-core bug in the windows build

  • Bill Kearney
    Apr 11, 2012
      > Bill, No other tests. Just wanted to make sure it was isolating properly on more than just my box. I think it's definitely architecture related. Steve's experience seems to bear this out, since I've seen this same behaviour on XP with dual-core AMD chips, but he's not seeing it on his quad-core machine. The specific architecture + OS combination that triggers it is a mystery to me.

      On an intel Q6600 core2quad running windows 7 ultimate (64 bit) it pegs
      the 2nd core.

      Same thing on the same OS running on an AMD Athlon II X4 635 (quad
      core). Pegs the 2nd core. Likewise on a AMD 640 with x64 windows 2008 R2.

      Ditto on a AMD X2 dual core with win7 x64, pegs the 2nd one of two.

      So it pegs the 2nd core on all of these, running an x64 instance of
      windows 7 or 2008R2:

      AMD X2
      AMD X4
      i7 950 and 2600k

      No time to do tests on a 32bit or hyper-v setup at the moment.

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic