4059Re: Save Outline = Quit Application

  • af2412ripe
    Nov 21, 2010
      Yes of course, File:Save or Ctrl+S (the Frontier Win 10.1a11 non-functionality of which was the origin of this thread). .ftop files File:Open without restriction in OPML, by which I assumed I could also save them.

      The global font issue is not fatal, as is working solely in RAM until exit. It is easy enough to reselect the font and size, after I boot the computer and OPML. I am plenty happy enough with the capability of cutting and pasting text between Windows applications without a Mac emulator crashing.

      I am running Win Server 2003, adjusted for "Pro" or workstation operation (first ever Windows system as reliable as Mac OS 6.8). Prior to system shut down, I right-click exit OPML from the taskbar. Taskmanager shows the application and process has quit. Upon startup, a dialog box appears, stating that OPML encountered problems and unexpectedly quit. After I cancel, it re-appears, totalling the same number of times I started/quit OPML since previous system boot. Again, not fatal, but I thought you might like to know.

      I don't want to be bothersome. To what degree would you like me to report functional problems in OPML?

      Many Thanks, again.

      --- In frontierkernel@yahoogroups.com, "dwiner" <dave.winer@...> wrote:

      > Okay -- I guess you figured out that the File menu is where you want to create, open and save outlines. Yes? :-)
      >
      > And you're right, it doesn't save the font and size of the outline when it saves as OPML. I can add that as a feature request (seems reasonable that it would save it). But you should definitely be opening and saving outlines through the File menu. That's what it's there for!
      >
      > Also you can make these outlines huge. The outliner was designed to run on 1980s-era Macs and PCs. Today's computers have so much memory and run so much faster, these outlines can get huge.
      >
      > Anyway, hope this helps, and I'm glad you're using the software! :-)
      >
      > Dave
      >

      > --- In frontierkernel@yahoogroups.com, "af2412ripe" <af2412ripe@> wrote:
      > >
      > > But unlike .ftop, saving in .opml does not save the global font and size, set from the edit menu.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic