[Frognet] Frog Day 2011- "Amazing Amphibians: Science and Conservation"

  • Matthew Mirabello
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2011
      Thanks to everyone who is supporting Frog Day, in just the past week the
      website has been getting lots of visitors! www.frogday.org

      A quick update on the event after Frog Day at the Staten Island Zoo:

      http://bit.ly/AmazingAmphibians2011_SIZ

      We hope to be able to web cast this event as well, please contact me if you
      have experience in webcasting and would like to help us in working out the
      logistical details.

      **EASY online payment now available! (click link above)**
      **FREE Frog Day ticket to anyone who registers to attend this event (email
      fd2011@... for details)**

      The Staten Island Zoo (www.statenislandzoo.org) is planning a
      dinner and seminar series
      Amazing Amphibians: Science and Conservation
      All profits to go directly to support aphibian conservation projects through
      the Amphibian Ark
      (http://www.amphibianark.org/)

      Scheduled for 5:30 to 9:15 pm on Saturday May14th (evening after Frog Day)

      Speakers:

      Devin Edmonds of Association Mitsinjo
      Establishing a captive breeding faclity for Malagasy Amphibians

      Allysa Borek of the WCS
      Ex-situ and In-situ spray toad conservation efforts

      Jonathan Kolby of Operation Wallacea and The Conservation Agency
      A study of AMphibioans Chytrid Fungus in a Honduran Cloud Forest- The good
      the Bad and the ugly

      5:30 - Cocktail "hour" and Reptile wing tour (no host bar with wine, beer,
      and spirits)
      6:00 - Keynote Speaker
      6:45 - 3 entree choice buffet style dinner
      2 addtional guest speakers
      dessert/coffee
      amphibian art auction winners announced (bidding begins after keynote
      address)
      all inclusive price will be ~$45 (tax deductible)
      (all who register get Free admission to Frog Day)

      http://bit.ly/AmazingAmphibians2011_SIZ

      Look forward to seeing you there and please email me if you have any
      questions

      Matt

      Matthew Mirabello
      Staten Island, NY