Re: [Frink] "The next wave of programming languages"

  • Ralph Dratman
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 8, 2010
      "The discussion of me in the article is pretty amusing, even if it never
      actually happened."

      So then what *did *actually happen?

      Ralph Dratman

      On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 6:50 AM, Alan Eliasen <eliasen@...> wrote:

      > Here's a somewhat interesting article about the upcoming "Emerging
      > Languages Camp" at O'Reilly's OSCON conference, which discusses Frink a
      > bit. I'll be speaking at OSCON on July 21, 2010, if you're planning on
      > attending the conference.
      >
      > I have some comments at the bottom of that article, too. The
      > discussion of me in the article is pretty amusing, even if it never
      > actually happened. :)
      >
      > --
      > Alan Eliasen
      > eliasen@... <eliasen%40mindspring.com>
      > http://futureboy.us/

    • Alan Eliasen
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 8, 2010
        On 07/08/2010 05:46 AM, Ralph Dratman wrote:
        > "The discussion of me in the article is pretty amusing, even if it never
        > actually happened."
        >
        > So then what *did *actually happen?

        The real chain of events was addressed in my comments at the bottom
        of the article, including a quote of what I *actually* wrote. I've
        learned a good thing about self-promotion, though. You seem to get more
        press from saying things that are provocative than you do from being
        purely factual. :) That article has brought a lot of traffic.

        I'm trying hard to finish and polish some really cool functionality
        (such as solving systems of equations) before OSCON.

        --
        Alan Eliasen
        eliasen@...