Another triumph for the American justice system????

  • Michael S. Anderson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2004
      Another triumph for the American justice system????

      I know, this happened in 2002, but has much changed?

      Meet Lindsey Blackledge. She's the 19-year-old California gal arrested Wednesday (7/31) for possession of a stolen, 14-ounce tri-tip steak. According to the Calaveras County sheriff, the beef was swiped from the outdoor grill of Katherine King, a 38-year-old San Andreas woman who called cops after discovering her meat was missing. When police arrived at the crime scene, they discovered a trail of "meat juice" leading from King's grill to an upstairs apartment, said Deputy Blain Smith. Inside the apartment, investigators followed the meat drippings to a bathroom, where they found the purloined sirloin hidden in a cabinet below the sink. While Blackledge--who was found in the apartment--has been charged with possession of stolen property,a felony, deputies acknowledge that the actual beef thief remains at large. The teenager is now being held in the county jail in lieu of $25,000 bail.
      (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/steakthief2.html) >
      --

      Michael S. Anderson
      http://www.michaelsopinionpage.com