A good, sensitive attorney in Mississippi...

  • Michael S. Anderson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2003
      Is there such a thing????????!
      I have written before about my friend in Mississippi, who has a
      26-year-old son that is serving a 42-year sentence.
      Her son, Steven (while under the influence of illegal substances),
      was charged with two counts of unarmed burglary, two counts of
      (aggravated) assault and one count of unarmed robbery, six years ago.
      No one was hospitalized!
      However, the "Honorable" Billy Joe Landrum of the Jones County Court
      in Laurel, MS, gave Steven the equivalent of a death penalty!
      He will be 61, when he is released. I cannot believe that he
      received a "fair" sentence!!!
      I am really worried about my friend. I talked to her last night and
      the family has almost given up hope. I have never dealt with her,
      when she was so depressed!
      This family is desperate!!!! The last referral that I gave them (an
      attorney in Jackson) brushed the family off, saying, simply, that
      Steven's sentence "met sentencing guidelines."
      Is there anyone out there who can help??? I know that there are a
      lot of other families that are suffering under the US judicial
      system, but the only way to win this war is through one battle at a
      time...
      I hope that you all will click on the link below, so that you can see
      the website that I put together for Steven. I hope that it helps:

      http://www.megspace.com/lifestyles/michael6076/MichaelSez/StevenPaul.html

      Please e-mail me, directly, if you have information that can be
      passed on to Steven's mom. I am grasping at straws and will
      appreciate any of your help!!!
      --
      Take care,

      Michael