One for sale on eBay

  • Neil Morrison
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 12, 2013
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/251373620334

      No bids so far! Says some parts missing - maybe that's why?

      Neil
      -----
    • Jim Stephens
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 12, 2013

        On 11/12/2013 9:13 AM, Neil Morrison wrote:
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/251373620334

        No bids so far! Says some parts missing - maybe that's why?

        Neil
        thanks,
        I have a box and a lot of the "straw" parts from a original kit I bought years ago, so I snagged it.

        I will try to complete it and relist the whole thing when I get done.

        At least I can see what was supposed to be in it from the docs.  If they are not scanned I'll get a scan of the manual and other stuff too for here and bitsavers.org

        thanks
        Jim

      • Dwight Watt
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 12, 2013
          I scanned and posted manual while back.  However if other paperwork please share.

          It looked a lot my original from 63 that I restored with parts from the guy in group that makes tem.

          Dwight Watt, EdD,CCAI,A+,CCP,COI,MCT http://www.dwightwatt.com
          View my Microsoft Certifications https://www.mcpvirtualbusinesscard.com/VBCServer/dwightwatt/profile

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 12, 2013

            On 11/12/2013 1:41 PM, Dwight Watt wrote:

            Neil
            Thanks, Dwight and Neil

            I'll photograph my box and extras parts and put them up when I get a chance.  Last time I played with one of these was  when they were new.

            My math teacher was just over the top and i got to play with this, an Olivetti Programma 101, and also there were a couple of prime number generators which took about 30 people to do.  Also a Fibonacci sequence generator.  You handed out pads and instructions to all the participants and you would "clock" the group and after a while results would be produced by one or more people in the pile.

            With all the new fangled behavior disorders, I don't know if you would get a full class still enough to do any of those exercises anymore.  We did it and it wasn't a "math" or "science" class.
            Jim
          • Jim Stephens
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 12, 2013

              On 11/12/2013 2:18 PM, Jim Stephens wrote:

              On 11/12/2013 1:41 PM, Dwight Watt wrote:
              jjjjjjj_
              I found the box I have, and it has a few logic tubes, clock tubes, a Wire Crank, and two Double sliders.

              Also the Parts list and original manual.  The Parts list matches what is in the "Digicomp Assembly Sheets" scans in the files section.

              My manual matches your scan, Dwight, but has less yellowing, FWIW.  I don't think my current pile has anything different to offer.

              I'll post when I see the unit I get.

              thanks
              JIm
            • Dwight Watt
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 12, 2013
                Mine was kept on a shelf about 30 years so yellowing but in amazing good shape.  You might want to scan yours for a better scan. Course mine was canned about 10 or more years ago also, so scanning better now.