Digi-comp 1 works one day, and then not the next

  • sid.kolpas
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 16, 2013
      I "programmed" my digi-comp 1 to count, and it worked perfectly 8 times during the day. The next morning, it didn't work at all; the low bit just kept alternating between 0 and 1, and the other 2 bits stayed 0.

      Any suggestions?
    • Dwight Watt
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 16, 2013
        A tube fell off

        Dwight Watt, EdD,CCAI,A+,CCP,COI,MCT
        http://www.dwightwatt.com
        View my Microsoft Certifications https://www.mcpvirtualbusinesscard.com/VBCServer/dwightwatt/profile

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 16, 2013
          All the tubes are still there.

          --- In friendsofdigicomp@yahoogroups.com, Dwight Watt <dwight-watt@...> wrote:

          > A tube fell off
          >
          > Dwight Watt, EdD,CCAI,A+,CCP,COI,MCT
          > http://www.dwightwatt.com
          > View my Microsoft Certifications https://www.mcpvirtualbusinesscard.com/VBCServer/dwightwatt/profile
          >

          > ________________________________

        • sid.kolpas
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 16, 2013
            All the tubes are still there.

            --- In friendsofdigicomp@yahoogroups.com, Dwight Watt <dwight-watt@...> wrote:

            > A tube fell off
            >
            > Dwight Watt, EdD,CCAI,A+,CCP,COI,MCT
            > http://www.dwightwatt.com
            > View my Microsoft Certifications https://www.mcpvirtualbusinesscard.com/VBCServer/dwightwatt/profile
            >

            > ________________________________

          • TulsaTV
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 16, 2013
              My old mid-1960s DCI is getting a bit creaky in its old age. In order to get it to count accurately, I have to hold onto it to keep the structure rigid. The moving plastic surfaces have more friction, which tends to wrench the structure into non-orthogonality, causing errors.

              Mike Ransom
              http://tulsaTVmemories.com

              --- In friendsofdigicomp@yahoogroups.com, "sid.kolpas" <skolpas@...> wrote:

              > All the tubes are still there.
              >
              > --- In friendsofdigicomp@yahoogroups.com, Dwight Watt <dwight-watt@> wrote:
              > >
              > > A tube fell off
              > >
              > > Dwight Watt, EdD,CCAI,A+,CCP,COI,MCT
              > > http://www.dwightwatt.com
              > > View my Microsoft Certifications https://www.mcpvirtualbusinesscard.com/VBCServer/dwightwatt/profile
              > >

              > > ________________________________

            • Peter Linhardt
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 16, 2013
                run windows update :P

                ________________________________

                --- In mailto:friendsofdigicomp%40yahoogroups.com, "sid.kolpas" <skolpas@...> wrote:

                > All the tubes are still there.
                >
                > --- In mailto:friendsofdigicomp%40yahoogroups.com, Dwight Watt <dwight-watt@> wrote:
                > >
                > > A tube fell off
                > >
                > > Dwight Watt, EdD,CCAI,A+,CCP,COI,MCT
                > > http://www.dwightwatt.com
                > > View my Microsoft Certifications https://www.mcpvirtualbusinesscard.com/VBCServer/dwightwatt/profile
                > >

                > > ________________________________

              • Bill Heys
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 16, 2013
                  Maybe some tubes need to be pushed on more or pulled out slightly. Check the springs or rubber bands on the vertical rods. Just run it in the afternoon?

                  Bill Heys

                  I "programmed" my digi-comp 1 to count, and it worked perfectly 8 times during the day. The next morning, it didn't work at all; the low bit just kept alternating between 0 and 1, and the other 2 bits stayed 0.

                  Any suggestions?

                • Unclebob
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 17, 2013
                    This is a known bug having to do with the realtime clock. You need to set the clock back one year and all will be fine.

                    Sent from my iPhone
                  • Dwight Watt
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 11, 2013
                      Check the springs and rubberbands