I was influenced by Digicomp I

  • Josh Rubin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2013
      About 1965, I was given a plastic Digicomp I computer. I followed the
      manual, but I didn't understand what it was or why it was given to me.
      http://tincansandstring.net/computer_history.txt

      Still, I think it influenced my computing career. When I did learn
      something, my memory of the Digicomp provided ready-made examples:

      binary
      bits have no intrinsic meaning
      boolean logic
      don't treat kids like idiots
      feedback
      finite state machines
      flip-flops
      If you can do logic, you can do arithmetic
      It doesn't matter what technology a computing device uses
      logic design
      master-slave flip-flops allow controlled feedback
      Nim is a really stupid game
      some problems involve too many states