Build a computer

  • WILLIAM
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2013
      I just found a description in a very old catalog for a book called How to Build a Working Digital Computer, by Alcosser, Phillips, & Wolk (1967; 1973). You can buy it from Amazon, or download for free as a PDF (176 pages): Type "bitsavers" into Google. Go to the first address. From there go to the site's PDF Document Archive. From the list of directories in the archive select the folder labeled paperClipComputer.
      The book explains computer operation, Boolean algebra, De Morgan's Theorem, and how to make the machine using (lots of) paperclips and wire, light bulbs, 6-volt battery, paper, tin-can metal, and wood. Likely need a good workshop to build it. The book also shows how to write and use programs for it. Check it out!
      Bill Kustes
      Digi Comp Expert
    • Neil Morrison
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 2013