2128Re: [Friends of DigiComp] One for sale on eBay

  • Jim Stephens
    Nov 12, 2013

      On 11/12/2013 1:41 PM, Dwight Watt wrote:

      Neil
      Thanks, Dwight and Neil

      I'll photograph my box and extras parts and put them up when I get a chance.  Last time I played with one of these was  when they were new.

      My math teacher was just over the top and i got to play with this, an Olivetti Programma 101, and also there were a couple of prime number generators which took about 30 people to do.  Also a Fibonacci sequence generator.  You handed out pads and instructions to all the participants and you would "clock" the group and after a while results would be produced by one or more people in the pile.

      With all the new fangled behavior disorders, I don't know if you would get a full class still enough to do any of those exercises anymore.  We did it and it wasn't a "math" or "science" class.
      Jim
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic