RE: [Friends of Deer] antlered does pay a heavy price

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2006
      A recent newspaper article announced that more and more land owners in this
      county are refusing to allow hunters access and the reason has to do with
      liability. When some goons shot a woman who was sitting in her car in a
      shopping center in another area of Pennsylvania-the woman did what any
      survivor would do - she sued the land owner that had played host to the
      goons that shot her. Land owners do not want to be liable for accidents
      that could occur on their lands; hence, no hunting access. The goons are
      shouting "no fair" to the Pennsylvania game commission. The game commission
      says that they are working on a law that would omit landowner liability
      under the law. If this legislation should pass and you or I should become a
      living victim of the hunting goons, well I guess we are would just have to
      hold our hand on our arce if we are looking to be compensated for our
      injuries.