New Jersey Deer Need Help

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2006
      NJARA is forwarding the following alert. We cannot be held responsible for
      inaccuracies or changes in any information. For further information about
      this subject, please contact Janet Piszar a member of HALT, Inc. at
      hasla1@....
      ******************
      PLEASE SEND LETTERS TO HELP STOP NET & BOLT

      Last August, several members of Millburn's township committee began to work
      covertly with residents to eliminate "pockets of deer" in residential
      areas. They encouraged select residents to authorize net & bolt on their
      private property and arranged private meetings with the Division of Fish &
      Wildlife and White Buffalo (private guns for hire). It wasn't until Nov.
      29, that the term "net & bolt" was first introduced to the township--
      at Millburn's township meeting when they quickly voted to adopt it.

      Luckily, on January 3 two new committee members, who do not want net &
      bolt, were sworn in to form a new majority. HALT, Inc, a local organization
      opposing the plan, is in the process of a comprehensive campaign to
      discourage the homeowners and their neighbors from consenting to this
      heinous plan. HALT is also engaged in an educational campaign for all
      residents who may not yet fully understand it. To learn more about net &
      bolt or "rocket netting," visit:
      http://www.sharkonline.org/indexrocketnetting.mv

      We were told that it is now most important to get letters of opposition
      from residents in Millburn-Short Hills. Please write/call/fax your letter
      of opposition to:

      Millburn Mayor Daniel Baer & Township Committee Members (Jim Suell, Ellen
      Steinberg, Sandra Haimoff, Tom McDermott)
      Millburn Municipal Building
      375 Millburn Avenue
      Millburn, NJ 07041
      (973) 564-7073