FW: Please post to your groups-petition and day of prayer for seals

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2005
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Marlene Behrend [mailto:twostorytellers@...]
      Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 2:12 PM
      To: friendsofdeer-owner@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Please post to your groups-petition and day of prayer for seals

      Hello Everyone,

      Sea Shepherd has asked all who are concerned about the inhumane
      slaughter of seals in Canada to sign their new petition. We do not have
      much time. The Canadian government will announce their new quota for
      the spring kill - 350,000 - incredible. We can stop it. Please follow
      the link below and sign the petition before the new quota is set - they
      said in the autumn, who knows what that means, could be next month.
      Please help!

      www.seals.gen.tr

      On another note:

      On September, 18, 2005, for those who believe in the power of God and
      His miracles, and would like to participate, I would like to have a day
      of prayer. It can range from five minutes, or longer, depending on how
      much time you have available on that day, but we should all do it at the
      same time - 11:00 a.m.

      You could say anything that you're comfortable with, but here is a
      sample prayer:

      Heavenly Father, we implore you to give understanding to those who could
      end the torture of your wonderful seals, but for some reason, do not
      feel their pain and suffering. Let them sense the consequences of their
      actions and realize they must end this now. We know that, "Greater is
      He that is in me than he that is in the world." We believe in your
      power and compassion and know that you will put an end to the horror.
      Please have mercy on your little creations and bring comfort to the
      millions of people on this planet who suffer with them.

      Thank you, Father.

      Please contact your churches, temples, spiritual advisors, guardian
      angels, spirit guides, send letters to local newspapers, television
      stations, including The Today Show and CNN and let them know what we are
      doing. Inform all of your animal rights friends, groups, and even
      people you do not know. For those with good contacts at PETA and HSUS,
      please get in touch with them. We will have a little over 4 weeks to do
      this before the stockholders meetings on the 20th and 21st of September.

      I believe in the power of prayer, particularly when there are millions
      of caring individuals praying at the same time.

      Thank you.

      Marlene Behrend
      Annapolis, MD