fawn in my backyard

  • brascoben
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2005
      Hi all, I just joined your group. I'm hoping someone will be able
      to help me, because I cant seem to find any answers. I found a fawn
      in my yard on Friday am. He had been 'crying' for about 4 hours off
      and on, and I didnt know what the noise was. (This is my first
      encounter with wild deer). When I finally saw what was making the
      crying noises, out of instint, I rushed to rescue him. After
      realizing I wasnt suppossed to do that, I put him back where I found
      him. I later went back with a towel and rubbed him down with dirt
      to try to get rid of my scent on him. I called all sorts of places
      for info, and they said just leave him be. Well, its now Sunday
      night, and this baby has been crying off and on all weekend. I dont
      know if this is normal or not?? I couldnt resist, I went out there
      to check on him. He slowly came out to me, trying to nurse on my
      legs. He seems slow, and just looks really thin to me. I dont know
      if he is being nursed? Is this normal for them to cry off and on?
      And for them to be so thin? When I found him on Friday, he had what
      looked like the embelical (sp?) cord rapped around his hind legs, so
      I am guessing he's very young. I dont want to make a mistake with
      this baby. I'm so afraid of doing the wrong thing for him, and
      taking him from his mother, or not helping him. I just dont know
      what I should do. Can anyone offer advice? It would be greatly
      appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Andrea
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2005
        Please give us an update on the fawn and let me know what state you
        reside.

        Pat