Doe-a-Deer

  • Imp Ster
    Message 1 of 2 , May 19, 2004
      hi Pat and all - just checking in - been kinda quiet around here so i
      figger i'd do some hollerin and see who replies.

      news of the moment: ol Bekky BrokenNose is still stopping by every
      day or so, her 2 kids are getting big now.
      skitters tick and flies bothering them really bad this year tho.
      i am going to try inventing a remote-controlled device to drip a bit
      of Frontline on their backs when they go for chow.
      as i understand it, while not exactly a cuppa, its relatively safe
      for animals in in the prescribed weight range.
      before i proceed with this project, does anyone have any information
      or cautions?

      any other deer-safe insect repellants that might be useful here,
      please reply on-list.

      cheers, da imp

      Message 2 of 2 , May 20, 2004
        Hi Imp,

        I've used Frontline on my dogs for years without a problem. A few
        months back I went to a cheaper brand of flea/tick control which raised
        the ire of my vet. What I strongly suspect you do is contact the
        Frontline company. You can probably find them somewhere on the web. If
        you milk your goats, I would not use it. There are two types of
        Frontline-one for dogs and the other for cats. Cats are generally more
        sensitive to chemicals than dogs. I would definitely pursue it, because
        fleas and ticks are not good for anything. Let us know what you find
        out.

        Pat

        hi Pat and all - just checking in - been kinda quiet around here so i
        figger i'd do some hollerin and see who replies.

        news of the moment: ol Bekky BrokenNose is still stopping by every
        day or so, her 2 kids are getting big now.
        skitters tick and flies bothering them really bad this year tho.
        i am going to try inventing a remote-controlled device to drip a bit
        of Frontline on their backs when they go for chow.
        as i understand it, while not exactly a cuppa, its relatively safe
        for animals in in the prescribed weight range.
        before i proceed with this project, does anyone have any information
        or cautions?

        any other deer-safe insect repellants that might be useful here,
        please reply on-list.

        cheers, da imp

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links