Re: [Friends of Deer] where do they go when it's 20 below?

  • Patricia Scala
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2003
      Hi Impster,

      It's been a really rough winter here in NJ and the deer show it. Quite
      a few very small fawns that don't grow. Yesterday, I saw a really boney
      doe. Putting out 100 lbs of corn a week. But it doesn't go far with 2
      dozen deer looking to eat twice a day. Supplemented the corn with
      fresh-baked Italian bread from my kitchen and reduced-priced ripe food
      that I get from the supermarket. Been looking the other way while they
      eat their way through my shrubs. If only the neighbors could help out a
      little by throwing out stale bread or ripe fruit, but they don't. How
      can people just ignore these poor creatures that have been so misplaced
      by urban sprawl. Sometimes I think the animals have more heart than
      most of us.