Re: Knock, knock...

  • featherdeer
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2001
      It's not illegal here. To answer your question,
      last winter, the deer in our area were literally
      starving to death due to the unusually deep snow. They
      were comming into yards in the suburbs to eat bushes
      right next to the houses, getting hit by cars, comming
      into people's garages and barns and eating bird seed
      and horse food. We put hay and corn out in the woods.
      We don't feed them all the time. We put out some
      food durring the really bad weather when they would
      die without it. Deer don't have a huge territory. We
      have 100 acres of woods, and if they depend on us,
      that's fine, because we aren't going anywhere, and we
      don't feed them so much that they forget how to care
      for themselves. See any problems with that?