more deer stuff

  • Colleen Klaum
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2002
      PROTEST KILLING AT TYLER STATE PARK, WHERE RESIDENTS WERE PROMISED THAT THE KILLS WOULD STOP WHEN THE NUMBERS GOT DOWN TO A CERTAIN LEVEL, BUT THIS PROMISE WAS NOT KEPT!!! Monday, Dec. 9, 7:00 p.m. Swamp Road in Newtown, PA. For info an directions, call Sydell at 215-322-5547.PROTEST KILLING AT RIDLEY CREEK STATE PARK. No protest yet planned, but please write, call, e-mail:Ridley Creek State ParkSycamore Mills RoadMedia, PA 19063-4398610-892-3900e-mail: ridleycreeksp@..., compose letters to local papers - I am compiling a list, so if you have contact persons, addresses, e-mails, forward to me.******************************************************************HUNTING IS ABOUT TROPHIES, NOT CONCERN FOR HUMAN SAFETY OR DEER NUMBERS. Here are three of MANY, MANY references that attest to thsi fact:"If you see a doe just before or during the rut, be patient. A buck may well be following, and it could be a record-class animal.� Sports Afield, Winter 2000-2001 (NOTE: ONLY KILLING FEMALES HAS ANY IMPACT ON THE POPULATION)�A deer hunter places his buck in the back of his pickup truck in Ridley Creek State Park yesterday.� Delaware County Daily and Sunday Times, December 06, 2001One-day hunt bags 77 deer in Ridley Creek State Park "People don't realize hunting is part of people's culture and a way of lifein Pennsylvania," Kolson said.**********************************************************************WE REALIZE THIS ALL TOO WELL, AND RECOGNIZE THAT IT, NOT THE ALLEGED REASONS OF CONTROLLING THE POPULATION, CUTTING BACK ON PLANT DAMAGE, ETC., IS WHY PEOPLE HUNT.PLEASE WRITE!!!!!

      Colleen Klaum

      Be the voice for the voiceless, join our group today: