Re: [Friends of Deer] Bekky the broken-nosed doe

  • Patricia Scala
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2002
      Good piece, Impster.

      One thing I've noticed in my years of feeding
      deer;
      the food is just a part of it. Many deer return
      the food source to socialize with the human who is

      furnishing it. While I will buddy-up to the older

      does, I avoid doing this with the fawns. The older

      does can often use their judgment on who is friend
      or
      foe. After seeing and surviving the hunter food
      trick,
      they will not return to the same trap.
      Like you I have neighbor interference. I am battling
      like hell with next door zombies that insist on
      sending over their brats to chase out the deer.
      This
      is particularly true now that the hunting ghouls
      are
      out and about. I do believe that they are trying
      chase the deer into arrow regions. It is obvious
      that
      the deer hide out in my back yard where it is
      safe. I
      have no patience, but NO patience with people who
      teach their kids to hate animals. It is all
      really
      getting quite nasty--this neighborhood feud.

      The state attempted to pass an ordinance against

      feeding deer; the Democrats would not pass it. A
      few
      local towns have also attempted to pass such an
      ordnance without success (so far). As long as I
      can,
      I will continue to feed and attract deer.

      Just love your style of writing. So happy you are
      member of this club.