News: Fears about "venison" safety could cause hunters to stay home

  • Colleen Klaum
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2002
      From the article:

      CWD is seen as as a particular threat in Wisconsin,
      where the deer herd is estimated at 1.6 million head
      and hunting is a $1.5 billion industry.

      Wisconsin officials are concerned that fears about
      venison safety could prompt up to one-third of the
      roughly 700,000 hunters who turn out each year to stay
      home. Full article:

      Wisconsin governor wants USDA to expand deer tests
      http://www.planetark.org/dailynewsstory.cfm/newsid/17527/story.htm

      Colleen Klaum