Re: little goat

  • patscala
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2001
      I've been feeding the deer for years. Chicken was
      always a friendly deer. He is small and thin--very much
      like a goat. Goats are friendly. Sometimes people
      express concern over getting friendly with the deer. It
      really makes no difference here because they are
      neighborhood deer and have lost a real fear of people. When
      hunting starts they can differentiate between friend and
      foe. Chicken is a very curious deer. Life for him is a
      series of one discovery after another. Once I found him
      inspecting my clothes pin bag. He used to stand at my large
      French doors watching the big screen TV that sits behind
      it. Yes, being friendly with the deer is a double
      edge sword. Even though they are beautiful and
      interesting, they elude a certain sadness. In N.J. things are
      extremely difficult for them. However, no doubt that my
      association with them has enriched my life. Hopefully, I have
      enriched theirs.