Re: [Friends of Deer] Outdoors: Some strange and wacky whitetail deer behavior

  • pat scala
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 27, 2010
      Maybe we should ask what kind of cigarettes he smokes.  I agree with you Anna.
      We used to feed the deer under the same tree that held a bird feeder or two.
      I've observed very young deer follow birds on the ground out of curiosity but
      I've never seen them harm them.  We had a stream out back and I never observed
      the deer trying to catch fish.

      I did, however, observe the deer bullying my cat.

      It is that time of the year when the media will be complaining about deer-car
      collisions, deer ticks and general deer over population -- it is the start of
      the hunting season and the National Rifle Association has their anti-deer
      publicists hard at work.

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 27, 2010
        Me too, about the cat. Only when the cat wouldn't stay still for her daily
        grooming routine (where Blossom would clean her face, tail and body parts.:)
        Miss her so much.

        Anna