Bear unsubscribed --

  • pat scala
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2009
      This member did unsubscribed.  He used to comment on matters from time to time and his absence will be a loss to the club.

      He was not clear on the deer's injury.  I've seen many leg injuries in deer usually resulting from being hit by cars.  Again, depending upon the severity of the injury most of the injured deer I witnessed did just fine.  Their leg injury would eventually calcify and they did not seem to mind hobbling around on three good legs.  I've even seen deer with hip injuries get by.

      Unless Bear's deer was completely immobile should he have considered taking a gun to it?  And, if the deer was unable to walk I would consider that there may have been other injuries than the one that was apparent.

      Modern society today, for the most part, tries to outshine nature.  They interfere with the natural processes by "curbing populations" of deer and other wildlife and their interference eventually causes havoc with the wildlife.  Our Anna has raised a few fawns and that was good because she allowed them to be wild even with the inherent dangers that surrounded them.  Anna's actions on behalf of the fawns were unselfish on her part -- but taking a gun to deer with a leg injury is something else again.

      I am convinced that our wildlife are a hell of a lot smarter than us and very resiliant.

      You should have discussed it here first, Bear, before you went out with your gun.

      Pat