chit chat

  • Dallas
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2008
      Does anyone else have deer actually in their yards that they'd like
      to talk about? Has anyone ever seen a deer deliberately walk
      through a sprinkler on a hot day? I've been wondering if they ever
      do that.

      Does anyone on this list own or work at a deer farm? I have a
      friend who owns one in Pennsylvania. Here's her web site:
      http://www.doublediamonddeerranch.com/index.cfm

      Ever see a WHITE deer? Or a piebold? That web site has some
      amazing photos.

      There's another deer farm with petting zoo in Arizona that I used to
      visit as a kid. If I can find their web site, I will post it.

      Here's the Grand Canyon Deer Farm: http://www.deerfarm.com/
      but I don't know if it's the same one.

      I got a couple of good books through Amazon.com
      "The Encyclopedia of Deer" and "White Tailed Deer." We have white
      tails here in Nebraska.

      --Dallas
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2008
        Yes, I did see deer walk through a sprinkler on a hot day and I saw them sit
        through a rain storm apparently enjoying the coolness of the water. I've
        seen them sit in the sun in the winter and enjoy a nice day in spring. Most
        deer I observed seemed to enjoy the Earth around them and loved life.

        We did have a young piebold yearling in the back with a normal colored
        sibling. The other fawns used to swat at the piebold and it allowed its
        sibling to defend it. The other deer would move closer to the house for
        corn but the piebold remained towards the rear of the property, more fearful
        of the other deer than the humans who feed them.

        The piebold disappeared shortly after we sighted it, never to be seen again.

        http://www.doubledi <http://www.doublediamonddeerranch.com/index.cfm>

        <http://www.deerfarm.com/> .com/
        but I don't know if it's the same one.

        I got a couple of good books through Amazon.com
        "The Encyclopedia of Deer" and "White Tailed Deer." We have white
        tails here in Nebraska.

        --Dallas

      • Anna CARNER
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2008