Ghoul Nation: BLM to Slaughter "Cloud" and Pryor Mountain Mustang Herd

  • Imp Ster
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17 11:55 PM
      Monday, July 07, 2008
      BLM to Slaughter "Cloud" and Pryor Mountain Mustang Herd

      If any of you watched the PBS special on mustangs you probably know
      who Cloud is

      http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/cloud-wild-stallion-of-the-
      rockies/introduction/29/

      .

      If you don't, Cloud is a rare palomino mustang. He has a large herd
      and has passed on his coloring to some of his colts and fillies.
      Sadly, the BLM has decided that Cloud and his herd are destroying the
      land and they must take "drastic measures". These drastic measures
      are euthanizing Cloud and his herd. Instead of holding an auction or
      moving them to other conserved land they and going to euthanize them
      on July 11th, 2008. Please help stop them by signing this petition.

      PETITION IS HERE:
      http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/save-cloud-and-his-wild-herd

      In case you were wondering, this is what I wrote when I signed. You
      can also read other comments on the page listed above.

      # 2,737:

      7:42 am PDT, Jul 7, Michelle Young, New York
      http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/save-cloud-and-his-wild-herd

      The BLM is making a big mistake in planning to euthanize Cloud and
      his herd. With all due respect, this is a lazy attempt to fix a
      perceived problem (a governmental-type response). I believe that
      other measures can be taken, including but not limited to relocation
      of the herd. I question whether these horses are destroying the land
      or have simply become inconvenient for the BLM. Please reconsider
      your choices and be thinking in terms of nature as a whole, horses
      and humans coexisting on the planet, not just about human greed and
      inconsistent and drastic measures as quick fixes. The balance and
      diversity on the planet is being lost by human destruction due to a
      lack of knowledge or concern. Thank you.

      posted by Michelle/arabhorselover1 Level 2 PNH @ 11:03 AM 0

      imp adds: greets all - this fwd'd by our dear friend Sandy Spindler (
      Goat Granny in Montana who woke me from that deadly carbon monoxide
      slumber just in time , bless her heart ) - please comment and fwd to
      all critter and esp equine SIOGS you know of -

      best wishes, me