A note from Bismark, ND

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14 12:54 PM
      With the recent snow and cold, the deer are out foraging wherever they can.
      They also stand out against the white terrain pretty well, too! As I took a
      little trip around town after work Monday night, I spotted deer all over the
      place without leaving city limits. First were these deer under the railroad
      bridge on the Mandan side of the river. There were plenty of them, just not
      all in the frame at the same time. They're right in someone's back yard too,
      as you can see.

      I surprised some guys between two tree rows behind some houses on the south
      side of town. There were deer on both sides of the street, poking around in
      the fields south of town.

      These deer seemed more determined to find food than to bolt in search of
      safety. Let's hope they ride out the rest of the winter okay.

      It's nice living in a place where wildlife still roams within the city.
      We've got bunnies in our yard, which are pleasant to watch when they're not
      eating my wife's flowers. I remember the night we got a call at Mandan PD
      about a deer charging down Collins Avenue! The furry critters of
      nature...they make life in Bismarck-Mandan interesting.