Carlos Lopez, Guadalajara: Anyone have experience?

  • Amanda_Holzrichter
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 14, 2004
      Has anyone had any recent experience (good or bad) with Carlos Lopez
      of Lopez & Lopez associates?
      They arrange private adoptions out of Guadalajara, Mexico, matching
      families directly to birthmothers. He works with Universal Family
      Services, I believe, although we live in Mexico so don't need the
      facilitator's services.
      We're considering using him for our adoption but want to know what
      other people's experiences have been.
      Thanks!
      -Mandy
    • David K
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 15, 2004
        Mandy,

        This group was founded by Long Island based clients of Carlos and he is a
        subscriber. So you should hear from many people who used him. Some had
        good experiences and others did not. Whether that was because of Carlos or
        because of the uncertainties of the system in Mexico and with the US
        authorities is the real question.

        There was a story about 19 year old twins from Mexico, a year or two ago in
        either the NY Times or NY Newsday. One was adopted by a Long Island
        Catholic Family and the other by a NYC Jewish Family. They were reunited by
        someone who had contact with both girls and one of the TV newsmagazines (48
        Hours, Dateline or 20/20) did a story where they brought them to Mexico and
        they met up with Carlos. The TV program located their birth mother in CA
        and reunited the twins with her. The birth mother did not have kind words
        for Carlos, although he denied any wrongdoing. 20 year old memeories in two
        different people are bound to be different.

        David K
        http://saradave.tripod.com/theadoptionagencychecklist/
        http://saradave.tripod.com/adoptionstory/