Bullock's Oriole

  • Rodney Olsen
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2010
      I opened my window this morning to hear a Bullock's Oriole telling the
      neighborhood all about it's winter in warmer climes (and wondering what the
      heck this cold weather is all about).

      Rodney

      _____

    • John
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2010
        Rodney,

        Your post brought up memories of Dr DooLittle,,
        In this age of technological gadgets and information at our fingertips,
        all you need to do is google a phrase.. like 'talk to the animals', well birds are animals,,
        so here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpBPavEDQCk
        if the link doesnt show, then just google 'Dr Doolittle YouTube' ,,
        thanks for the memories Rodney...

        John Holt Sr, Chowchilla Madera County by Berenda Slough

      • kquetz
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 5, 2013
          I noticed a male Bullock's Oriole this morning on my clothesline, near where there is usually a hummingbird feeder.

          Tom Zimoski
        • kquetz
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 20, 2014
            I saw a male Bullock's Oriole in a sycamore out behind the new building at the River Center this morning.
            Tom Zimoski
            Fresno
          • Karyn O'Hearn
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 22, 2014
              FOS Bullock's Oriole in my yard scoping out the Hummingbird feeders and oranges I put out specifically for him after I heard him calling and singing earlier today. Spring!

              Kestrel
              Catheys Valley

              --
              "In order to see birds it is necessary to become part of the silence." Robert Lynd