Bird Alert/Black-throated Sparrow

  • Kris McNew
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2002
      Hello All....

      Today my boss reported seeing 2, Black-throated Sparrows in his back yard yesterday evening. He lives on Ferger, near the corner of Olive and Palm here in Fresno.

      I've gradually started turning him into a birder and his ID skills are pretty good. He says they were feeding on the ground at 5:30 pm and stayed for several minutes. His wife and he got out their fieldguide and compaired notes and he's pretty darn sure of the ID.

      Please keep your eyes open and report any sightings, PLEASE!

      Cheers!
      Kris "Aves" McNew
      Fresno, CA 93728
      http://hometown.aol.com/akm52464/TLS/home.html