Re: [Freshwater Aquariums] trying to identify a fish

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 21, 2011
      --- On Sun, 4/10/11, Trycya <trycya@...> wrote:
      > I have a fish which I believe to be
      > an algae eater but am beginning to question that, especally
      > since I have seen it "digging" in the substrate.  It
      > seems to have also begun being a bit aggressive towards some
      > of my other fish especially my dojo.  it is about 3-4
      > in. and is kinda of a brown and orange banded...

      Does it have a sucker mouth? Could be a Chinese Algae eater which are neither Chinese or much good at eating algae (at least not when they get larger) and tend to be aggressive towards other fish. I also had one that would routinely "dig" in one spot of the tank, although it wasn't really digging per se, but more like violently shaking the gravel around with its body.

      Regards,
      Patrick

      Funk is Dead!...
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/pakphotog/5636544542/